Body scrubs eliminate dead skin cells, facilitate proper blood circulation, prevent ingrown hair and cleanse your skin via exfoliation. A scrub massage is a type of spa treatment where a good quality of scrub is utilized instead of the conventional massage oil. The scrub has many other advantages that can help you attain your full skin potential.
This exfoliation can be achieved through mechanical cleansing with scrubs, brushes, cloths, sponges, or various implements.
Re-energize as your skin is gently buffed with a rich blend of sea salt minerals or sugar scrub and essential oils to remove dead cells and impurities, as well as improve circulation. You will leave looking and feeling radiant.
Begins with a dry brushing to stimulate and exfoliate the skin. Your body is cleansed and an antioxidant, nutrient-rich scrub mixture and is applied to the skin to remove aged skin cells, tighten, soothe inflammation, and promote blood flow. You can choose the flowing body scrubs:
- Lavender Sugar Body Bliss.This delectable treatment is a sweet indulgence for dehydrated and dry skin. Lavender treatment is applied using lavender essential oil with jojoba sugar scrub exfoliation. Stimulate circulation and smooth away dead skin, followed by a rich lavender body butter for deep hydration giving you ultimately soft skin all over.
- Refreshing Eucalyptus Body Blast. This is great for clearing congested pores and smoothing away dead, rough and dry skin. This therapy begins with a full body eucalyptus exfoliation scrub, followed by a clarifying eucalyptus & spearmint body butter which will tingle your senses. This invigorating treatment will give you a fresh boost of energy.
- Pink Peony Body Scrub. Soothe your senses and soften your skin with our luxuriously moisturizing and nourishing Pink Peony Body Butter. It’s the perfect fragrance blend of peony, sparkling cassis, bergamot, lemon, rhododendron, honey and white musk.
- Coffee Sugar Scrub. Coffee is known to diminish the appearance of cellulite by tightening and toning the look of the skin. It’s a great antioxidant and has anti-inflammatory properties- all good news for your skin. The coffee scrub is an aromatic experience that will leave that skin smooth and polished to perfection; coffee will smooth and refine your skin, at the same time, elevate your mood and break up fatty deposits as well as improve circulation.
Ingredients for body butters contain cranberry butter Dead Sea salt, or coconut, and essential oils. We finish with a gentle massage designed to encourage draining of the lymph nodes.
All products can be purchsed here: https://homecomforttherapy.com/product-category/aromatherapy-products/
Benefits of Body Scrub Massage:
● Moisturizes Your Skin
After getting an exfoliating scrub, your skin will be able to absorb moisturizers better. This is because scrub eliminates dead skin cells, which help your skin to absorb lotions more frequently and readily.
Besides, getting regular body scrubbing can be an excellent addition to your acne-fighting regimen since most scrubs come with active ingredients that prevent acne breakouts by reducing the number of pores in your skin.
● Refreshes Your Look to Increase Confidence
As body scrubs eliminate impurities and dead skin cells, your skin is left feeling revitalized and soft. This is particularly crucial in rough-looking areas like your knees and elbows. Scrubs that come with natural oils can repair dry skin by adding moisture back into your body. When your skin feels and looks great, your confidence levels instantly improve. You will leave your salon feeling and looking your best.
A full body scrub massage can help to refresh and rejuvenate your body. It provides a gentle yet effective way to remove dead skin cells, dirt, and oil from the body so that it can start fresh, without any build-up on its surface.
● Smoothing Razor Bumps and Preventing Ingrown Hairs
Getting regular body scrubs after and before shaving can be an excellent way to clear and calm those annoying razor bumps. It can help to prevent the stinging feeling you get after shaving!
The exfoliating nature of body scrubs can prevent ingrown hairs and make removal of such hairs easier. Read more about how to prevent ingrown hairs.
● Eliminates Dead Skin Cells
There are numerous services and products that can enhance the feel and look of your skin. But a body scrub goes above the surface level to eliminate dead skin cells and uncover the glowing, healthy skin underneath. Your skin is exfoliated to reveal the soft skin below.
● Clears Pores and Blemishes
Bothered by bumpy skin or acne? Besides eliminating dead skin cells, body scrubs help to improve the overall health of your skin by unclogging the pores and preventing the accumulation of oils in your body. Regular full body scrubs can cleanse your skin effectively and keep acne breakouts at bay.
How Often Should You Use a Body Scrub?
There is no one answer to the question of how often you should use a body scrub. The frequency with which you should scrub your body depends on a variety of factors, including your skin type and the nature of the scrub itself.
In general, however, it’s a good idea to scrub your skin at least once or twice a week. If you have dry skin, you may need to scrub more often than that; if you have oily skin, once or twice a week may be enough.
It’s also important to choose the right type of body scrub for your needs. If you’re looking for a deep-cleansing scrub, one that will remove all the dirt and grime from your skin, you’ll need to use it more often than if you’re just looking for a gentle exfoliator.
Using body scrubs excessively can lead to over-drying of the skin, apply lotion immediately afterward to lock in the moisture and avoid skin irritation.
Therefore, body scrubs and other at-home exfoliation products may not replace the need for professional peels or other professional treatments.
To keep your skin healthy, keep the following precautions in mind after exfoliating.
Be aware of extreme sunlight after exfoliating. Our skin can be mildly more sun-sensitive after exfoliating, so consider waiting to lay out by the pool until the next day.
Also, skip exfoliating if you currently have a sunburn.
Don’t exfoliate further
Body scrubs are exfoliants, so there’s no need to exfoliate further after using one. This will create more dry skin and skin irritation.
Don’t go to the steam room
Using a sauna or steam room after exfoliating can cause irritation to the skin, so it’s best to skip it.
Always be gentle when exfoliating your skin and be cautious of overuse.